What is the difference between 'Canadian Survey' and 'Perennial Survey'?
This question refers to the difference between, our service avaliable at: https://perennialsurvey.com/ and our product avaliable at: https://perennialsurvey.com/more.html.
Feature-wise these two products are exactly the same*: the differences lie in how each product works.
- * Any feature marked [ IN DEVELOPMENT ] on Perennial Survey will not yet be implemented in 'Canadian'.
Canadian Survey is:
- · A product which is bought once, which is then downloaded and run on your own website/webserver.
- · Technical: requires a webserver/website running Linux or Unix, and the ability to run Perl 5 scripts.
- · Installation assistance and technical support are available at no additional cost.
- · Updated versions can be downloaded for up to a year after the purchase.
- · An unlimited number of surveys can be run (only contrained by the disk space, processing power of your website).
- · The one time cost is $100.00 US Dollars. This is a license to run the system in one location, with one account.
- · Existing clients include: City Government of Toulouse (France), City Government of Cary (North Carolina), and the Federal Government of Canada.
Perennial Survey is:
- · A monthly paid service which allows hosting and construction of surveys.
- · The first month costs $6.50 USD and the following months are $29.95 USD.
- · An unlimited number of surveys can be run, but if they become enormous - tens of thousands of responses to a survey with many written paragraphs - the charges may increase (depending upon demand).
- · The account is cancelable at any time.
- · Clients for Perennial Survey tend to have less contact with us than those with Canadian Survey. Additionally, they tend to have less technical questions, as they do not have to concern themselves with the running of the system.
Additionally, with Perennial Survey it is possible for the surveys to be constructed and managed by us. This means, your company would simply be able to send in the specifications for a survey, and it can be constructed for you. This is an additional service. If you are interested in this approach, please .